Purpose of the Guide
- Developed in collaboration with VCCS librarians and English instructors as part of an OER (Open Education Resources) project.
- Contains OER material which is freely available on the open Web for public use.
- Also contains material available through the VCCS library databases.
- Your research should not be limited to the scope of this guide. Please feel free to check with a reference librarian for more focused resources on your specific topic.
What are OERs?
Open Education Resources (OER) are freely available online for anyone to use. Under some licenses, OERs can be changed, improved and redistributed. Most OERs are licensed using Creative Commons.
Open Educational Resources include:
- Learning content: full courses, course material, content modules, learning objects, collections, and journals.
- Tools: software to support the creation, delivery, use and improvement of open learning content including - searching and organization of content, content and learning management systems, content development tools, and online learning communities.
- Implementation resources: Intellectual property licenses to promote open publishing of materials, design-principles, and localization of content.
For additional information on OERs, see Reynolds Community College's OER guide.
Created by In the Academia group: Creative Commons Attribution license (reuse allowed)